Colorectal Cancer - Capeox regimen - need suggestions

Shibu31
Occasional Visitor

Colorectal Cancer - Capeox regimen - need suggestions

Hi friends,

My dad was diagnosed with Stage3 rectal cancer in India and I have been travelling back and forth in India to take care of him.

His rectosigmoid tumour has been removed with Surgery and he has been recommended 6 month CAPEOX regimen for chemo in a few days time. I wanted to see if anyone had similar experience and was there any specific food or natural medicine here in a Australia that helped them with the treatment. 

If you or anyone you know has gone through this please share your thoughts and wish you to your family member a speedy recovery.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Re: Colorectal Cancer - Capeox regimen - need suggestions

Hi @Shibu31,

It must be hard being so far away and having to travel to and fro. How's your Dad doing?

With regards to food, I'd suggest looking at good nutritious food such as fresh fruit and veg. If he doesn't feel like or isn't able to eat much during his treatment, maybe look at softer foods or something like Sustagen (available here in Australia) to help keep him going.

You may also to look at complementary therapies, there are a number of different suggestions here.

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.