Father's Lymphoma

pronto32

Father's Lymphoma

Hello, 

My father aged 74  recently had back pain and constipation. The doctor advised for a Ultrascan , the reports of which mentioned "There are multiple conglomerate enlarged hypoechoic soft tissue mass lesions in the para-aortic, aorto-caval and bilateral iliac regions, largest measuring about 8.0 x 5.4 cm. may represent enlarged lymph nodes. Internal vascularity is noted within. No calcifications." 

He does not have diabetes or blood pressure. He's been losing weight for the past few months and is experiencing pain in the lower back and the genital area. There are no lumps under his arms, rectal area or neck Now the doctors are assuming Lymphoma. At that age I doubt he can handle chemo/radiation therapy. if left untreated how long can he live peacefully?

Regards, 

Pronto  
1 REPLY 1
sch
Super Contributor

Re: Father's Lymphoma

Hi Pronto,

I'm really sorry to hear about your Dad.

The truth is, no one here is going to be able to give you any idea of how long your father has left.

Has the cancer spread?

The best person to discuss this with is your father's doctor. But even for them, it's largely an educated guess. There are just so many variables.

How is your Dad feeling?

-s

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.