Help I may have cancer

Tansy
Frequent Visitor

Help I may have cancer

MHi Everyone, I’m a 51 year old woman and he is my story, 5 years ago i had a Pap smear that showed thickening of the uterus and was put on tablets to stop heavy bleeding and was supposed to get a procedure done. At the time I was going through a very bad marriage break up and didn’t go through with it. A decision that I may regret.

Jan 2018 my periods stopped and at the same time was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. 13 months down the track my weight has plummeted, I went from 79kg to 49kg but I’m only 149cm, because of the diabetes I have no sugar and very little carbs, but starting to look sickly and people comment (which drives me nuts).

All this time I was concentrating on my diabetes, then I just felt something is not quite right. I have been getting dull pains on my left side of my ovaries and sharp pain on my right, I also have pain in my left leg near my lymph nodes and it’s just started on my right in the same spot.

I went to the doctors last week and had a Pap smear, the next day the pain was really bad in my pelvic area and ovaries. This week I’m booked in to have a CT scan and I’m absolutely petrified of the results and if I have cancer if it has spread and because of my diabetes, makes treatment difficult , I’m not ready to die yet.  I have anxiety really bad and it’s all I can think about, not sleeping can’t concentrate, don’t enjoy things anymore and I can’t be bothered with anything.

Money worries are going to be a concern as well if I can’t work as my husband and I have our own business. I feel really lonely, I talk to my hubby but he just thinks I’m overreacting and told me to get the facts first before stressing.

Please help and any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you xx

1 REPLY 1
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Re: Help I may have cancer

Morning @Tansy ,

What a whirl your mind must be in!! Smiley Sad

Have you had your CT scan as yet? You're doing the right thing by seeing your GP and getting the scans done, regardless of the outcome. It's always important to get to the bottom of things.

Take a look through our Podcasts, they are hosted by the amazing Julie McCrossin who has had her own cancer experience, and cover a wide range of topics. We have one on managing fear, which whilst it has a focus on that period after a cancer diagnosis, a lot of the tips are great for managing your fears and anxiety beforehand as well.

Please do let us know how you get on Heart

Kate

Online Community Manager

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.