Mumma Bear has CUP cancer of Unkown primary

Aley

Mumma Bear has CUP cancer of Unkown primary

Hi, mum went in for a lump on her back found out after 7 days and 3 in hospital stays it's cancer, she has cancer in her windpipe where the air goes into both lungs under her breast bone,a lump in her breast pooped up 5 days later and now has one in her groin and pancreas. Dr said months to live at best 2 all within a week 💔 they also said peter Mac wouldn't take her without a cancer primary diagnosis she had biopsies on her back,groin, breast and now the back one is infected and she can't start chemo till Monday! However they said that Iv cancer chemo isn't given for lung cancer and tablets are instead but I'm just wanting to know what her real options are and if anyone has experienced this

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Sophicles
New Contributor

Re: Mumma Bear has CUP cancer of Unkown primary

Hiya, sorry to hear about your Mum, my Mum has also just been diagnosed with CUP. Discovered after she fractured her hip that a tumour had weakened her femur and that was a secondary. Biopsy wasn't able to tell us what the primary is and she, like your Mum, has tumours in her lung, possibly GI or windpipe and pancreas.  Got told this morning they discovered another tumour at the top of her hip. I can't understand how these tumours suddenly keep being discovered given all the full body scans she had after her fracture weeks ago. We've been offered a chance to enter a clinical trial specifically for CUP, maybe check with your oncologist to see if your Mum might be eligible for a clinical trial.

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.