My husband (51)has Rectal Cancer

Tea
New Contributor

My husband (51)has Rectal Cancer

New to this site and worried about my husband tonight. He has just had bowel surgery to remove a large tumour with a temporary stoma. It's day 3 after surgery and it looks as though it has gone well only he has been suffering from chronic hiccups that just won't go away. He was in good spirits but now it's getting him down and he can't sleep. Pain relief helping a bit but I'm worried the doctors are not looking into it enough. Anyone experienced similar after this type of surgery? I would be pleased to hear from you. T
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Tea
New Contributor

Re: My husband (51)has Rectal Cancer

Things have gone wrong since I wrote my first comment. My husband's join in the bowel had come loose and there was a leak causing a Sepsis shock. They had to operate fairly swiftly without a scan to undo the first surgery and clean everything out. This has left him with another Stoma on the other side which will now be permanent. He is stable but frightening to see him in Intensive Care and has been sedated since yesterday. Really hoping he will be ok! Anyone been through anything like this? Very concerned T
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.