Myeloma - stem cell and chemo treatment support needed

lwallace
Not applicable

Myeloma - stem cell and chemo treatment support needed

Hi all, I hope somebody can help me on behalf of my friend who resides in country WA. She would like to chat one-on-one with somebody who has had intenisve chemo and/or stem cell in the treatment of myeloma. Either face-to-face or via video link. The treatment is scheduled to start during early January and she'd really like to learn from others' experiences.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
rosco
New Contributor

Re: Myeloma - stem cell and chemo treatment support needed

I would like to be able to help but I live in Qld. (Logan City) & don't know anything about how to do a video link! I have had high dose chemo & auto stem cell t/plant in mid 2010 & since then have been terrific with just a small amount of maintenance medication, my paraprotein level was about 50 when we started treatment & has been at less than 1 now for a few months. When I was having the iv chemo & stem cell (after oral chemo) I swore I wouldn't go through it again but since having the benefits I would do it all again tomorrow if needed! But as always everyone is different with side affects etc. I know that's not really the "support" you want but the main thing is - JUST GO FOR IT GIRL Rosco
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Rosco, sorry for butting in here but did you have CTD treatment orally to start?
0 Kudos
Sue_U
Not applicable

I live in Queensland and am just starting the stem cell transplant process. Have just had chemo and doing the mobilisation injections ready for stem cell harvest next week. I can't tell your friend what it is like yet, but maybe we can correspond if she is going through it at the same time as me.
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Thanks Sue, no, not as yet, maybe soon, hopefully! Still at 'We dont know what to do stage' so far, lol
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.