Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma large diffused B cell NHL

Tash77
New Contributor

Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma large diffused B cell NHL

Wanting to hear stories both good and bad form people who have immunocompromised PCNSL large diffuse B cell non Hodgkin's Lymphoma. My son is 18 and was diagnosed with PCNSL Large Diffuse B Cell Lymphoma. He had a kidney transplant at age 2 and this cancer is a direct result of long term immunosuppression. I'm interested in hearing from others who have been in a similar immunocompromised situations. Thanks
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
LimeGreen_14
Occasional Contributor

Re: Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma large diffused ...

Hi, I had Primary Bone Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma (NHL) when i was 21. They didnt say anything about immunosuppression in my case except while on chemo. Treatment was R-CHOP chemo and radiotherapy. Your welcome to ask any questions about my experience.
0 Kudos
little_stitcher
Super Contributor

Re: Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma large diffused ...

Hi Tash, my husband was diagnosed with Follicular Lymphoma in 2011. He had long term immunosuppression before then, for eczema, but at that stage his Oncologist was unwilling to draw a direct causal link. My husband had 6 months of chemotherapy (Bendemustine and Retuxamab, he was part of the BRIGHT study), and is now doing really well (He's going to cycle up Mount Baw Baw tomorrow- for fun?!!?!!) Good luck to you and your son- let us know how he goes. This is a great place to come for support, venting and asking questions. love and hugs, Emily
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.