Who has got a Secondry Cancer

sunnyqld2013
Occasional Contributor

Who has got a Secondry Cancer

Hello Everyone, Have people found they have got a secondry cancer after been given the all clear the first time round, Just wondering how common it is & how long was it in between, We were told secondry cancer could come about 8-10yrs later, but its only been 6 months for my hubby. A friend who works with cancer people said it mainly comes within 6 months, so just curious to know.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
wynne
Not applicable

Re: Who has got a Secondry Cancer

Hi sunnyqld2013, First of all, I want to send you and your husband best wishes and strength for his treatment and recovery. I was given the all clear the first time I was diagnosed. However, I had a recurrence about 2 years later. I had chemotherapy and was in remission in January 2013. However, it came back again in May and I am now having chemotherapy again. I guess no one can really predict when secondary cancer will come back. The main thing is not to give up if - or when - it does. Wishing you and your husband well, Wynne
0 Kudos
SILLY
Super Contributor

Re: Who has got a Secondry Cancer

Wynne , it is my understanding that a secondary cancer is a different cancer altogether . When the same cancer returns it is a recurrence . I'm sorry to see that this happened to you . I trust that your treatment goes well this time .
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.