LOSS OF HUSBAND

Anonymous
Not applicable

LOSS OF HUSBAND

I lost my husband of 30 years , 4 months ago.I've tried everything to cope but feel totally black.I have a 17 year old son who still lives with me [but we don't talk much] so I can't take the easy way out.I wish i could!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Tam51
New Contributor

Re: LOSS OF HUSBAND

Hi Nikki2,
I am sorry for your loss, 30 years with your soul mate , your grief is still very raw and it will take some time for you to start healing and learning to live this life without your Husband. I believe that those who  pass are always with us in spirit.   You mentioned you had a 17yr old son, that you do not talk much? Is there something your husband enjoyed  doing that you and your son could participate in together? Maybe organise outings he would have loved, something that will help you both with your grief, to open up ,talk about your favourite memories of your Husband, his Father, the fun times. The hilarious moments you shared with him.  I hope your grief eases enough, just a little for you to start living life again.  The pain the both of you are in at the moment must be unbearable, please consider grief counciling, or read some books on dealing with grief? I have been reading Allison Dubois books. They have helped me with the loss of my Brother. 
Take Care 
Tam51

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.