Lost my big brother to cancer

Dmart83
Visitor

Lost my big brother to cancer

July 5th 2019 is the day he left us and entered Heaven. My big brother was my hero. He always knew what to do and what to say. For everyone. Heart and soul of our family.  The best man I ever knew. Only 34 years old. Married with a 2 year old son. Always did what was right. And he’s gone and there was nothing I could do about it. I’ve always been the screw up.. mistake after mistake.. no direction of what I wanna be or do with my life.. and the pain and guilt is daily.. that it should have been me... I should have been the one. Not him. 

1 REPLY 1
Budgie
Super Contributor

Re: Lost my big brother to cancer

Hi Dmart83,

I'm very sorry for your loss Dmart83, but, your life is no less important than your brothers was.  We all have to discover our own path in life, & if it takes some people a bit longer, then it takes a bit longer.  Instead of kicking yourself, why don't you use this time in your life to make a conscious effort at making better choices?  Mistakes?  EVERYONE makes them!  You cannot grow in life if you make no mistakes.  

Take it easy on yourself.

Budgie

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.