My beautiful brave girl passed away Friday May 22nd 2020

Njhammers
New Contributor

My beautiful brave girl passed away Friday May 22nd 2020

My 52 young wife died yesterday from metastatic pancreatic cancer with ascities , 14 weeks after diagnosis, the disease progressed rapidly , I was with her 24/7 at home and the hospital and finally the hospice, seeing the disease progress and watching how her body deteriorated externally and imaging what was going on internally is just bone crushingly awful & the final 9hrs of approaching death was just horrendous my beautiful brave girl tried her best but this bastard disease beat her 

She died peacefully surrounded by family , she never quit fighting  but she was ready to go. I am profoundly sad and unendurably grieving, I will never again in my life be OK, but I am also the luckiest man in the world , during February 2005 on Clark’s quay in Singapore I met my soul mate we spent the entire evening talking and eating & we have never stopped either since , and the 15 years we shared together were endlessly wonderful. She was my travel buddy, trivia buddy, food buddy , wine buddy and on 2 occasions my work buddy. This past year helping ivy launch her art business ArtbyYTY https://www.etsy.com/shop/ArtbyYTY has been the most wonderful and privileged experience I am so proud of the artist she became and how much her work has meant to so many people. when I met ivy she was already an accomplished woman, left her home country to get a degree in a foreign language from a British university, launched a career reaching senior merchandizing leadership position, purchased her own private home in one of the most expensive real estate markets in the world, put together a stock portfolio and a branded handbag portfolio and yet she gave it all up to follow me , she always said home is where my husband is , so this last year supporting her to grow her art and merchandizing business was both a pleasure and an honor .its Said marriage is hard, but not with Ivy, every day was joyous, every morning when I saw her face awake for the first time I smiled and we hugged , every night before going to sleep we hugged and kissed and in between it was good food, good drink, laughter and conversation.During our marriage we hardly argued , maybe 2-3x per year of gentle arguments but for Ivy this was terrible, it was far too much and unacceptable , so after about year 4 of our marriage she started a rule, which was 1st written on our fridge and then I put into my iPhone as a reminder so it pops up every day “I promise to Ivy Yuan that I will always say sorry and apologize to her if we have a fight, lumu lufe ccbb “ and that made her happy and when she was happy I was happy. I loved her almost from the first time we met, I told her our love could be forever, it was, it will be, she is for sure in heaven and one day I promise to join her.I know we had a special marriage, many people are not so lucky, it’s a blessing of a lifetime but right now I’m overwhelmed with my loss, today it’s pouring with rain in Taiwan and it seems fitting because I’ve lost my sunshine , god bless you Xiao Yan Rest In Peace until were together again my darling

4 REPLIES 4
kj
Super Contributor

Re: My beautiful brave girl passed away Friday May 22nd 2020

Hi Njhammers

Sincere  condolences on the passing of your wife,I looked on the Etsy site such brilliance and bright colours in her work .

Njhammers
New Contributor

Thank you, she loved sharing her art & she painted what made her happy and colorful was a predominant theme.

Bowie70
Occasional Contributor

My deepest condolences  for the loss of your beloved wife Ivy Njhammers. What beautiful  memories  you have to treasure. 

TonySkala
Occasional Contributor

There is nothing I can write to ease your pain. I can only tell you that with the passage of time the pain becomes less harder to tolerate. 

I hope that the only memories you have of her are only of the good times in life. 

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.