I feel cheated by cancer

linda8
New Contributor

I feel cheated by cancer

It's been 10 months since my husband, John, passed away. I am so thankful that he's not coping with Covid-19 as well as leukaemia. His immune system was very compromised & if he was here at this time it would be so difficult for him. My heart goes out to all that are trying to cope at this time.

We had so many plans to go off in our campervan & I feel cheated that we don't get to do that now. It may sound selfish but I mean cheated for both of us.  There are many pictures of our adventures together I look at but I can't help thinking it should have been more. So it's probably times of being thankful & cheated but always missing you John.

4 REPLIES 4
Kase
Occasional Contributor

Re: I feel cheated by cancer

Hi Linda

I feel terribly sorry for you loosing your husband. This cancer road is absolutely horrid. My father has only days if not hours left of life. He was diagnosed in October 2019 with pancreatic cancer and watching him deteriorate rapidly before our eyes has been the absolute worst. I’m very worried also how my mum is going to cope. I have no advice to give but I just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you. 
xo

0 Kudos
linda8
New Contributor

Thanks Kase. I feel for you & your family. When we were told there were no more options we had 2 weeks! You sound like a caring & supportive person. Your Mum will need this continually. lots of virtual hugs. Linda 

Kase
Occasional Contributor

It’s an absolutely devastating illness to go through. We sadly lost dad last night. We are totally heartbroken but we feel so much better knowing he’s not suffering anymore. We are all here

for one and another and I hope u have love and support around you too. Take care xo

0 Kudos
linda8
New Contributor

Sad news.  Take care in what will be a hectic time in the next few weeks. Reflect on good times not sick times. Thinking of you & your family. Linda

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.