33 yr olf woth scc found a lump in my neck this morning :-(

rarbie
Contributor

Thanks guys, I am pleased to say that I have had 2 clear cat scans since Sept this year. I feel well and was recently inspired to hear a speech by Dr Chris Obrien and read his book 'Never say die' I thinnk chpt 25-30 are the most significant and powerful for people with fatigue who can't read his whole book. Best wishes to you all. Hugs Rarbie
0 Kudos
Merkel
Contributor

Hi Rarbie, I have just read your post on SCC. I hope your doing well in your treatment. Just to give you some support, I'll tell you about my skin probs. I am a six year survivor of  Merkel Cell Carcinoma it's very  aggressive, I've also had three SCC's and many BCC's. My MCC had metastasized to a lymph node under my left arm. I was stage two, after Chemo & Radiation I'm still here, if there's any questions I can help you with don't hesitate to ask. I'll give you some of the experiences I've had with cancer in the past. My father had a melanoma (Deceased) My cousin lung cancer (Deceased) Myself 2002 Merkel Cell Carcinoma, SCC & BCC Husband 2005 bladder cancer muscle invasive TCC Brother 2008 bowel cancer (Deceased) Be strong, there's a lot of support if needed. Merkel.
0 Kudos
doreen
Occasional Contributor

Hi merkel,My dad also had a  melanoma removed from behind his ear in 1963 which needed a skin graft... since than has had many basal cell and squamous cell cancers on arms, leg and face some were frozen others cut out one on his hand needed a skin graft 3 on his face were removed and a  flap of skin pulled over where the cancers were removed from...dad had a BCC remove from his head in September the doctor did a flap so that dad would still have a full head of hair ( my dad is very proud of his hair)...  we got such a shock when the doctor rang to tell us that BCC he removed was a MCC we had never heard of a merkel cell cancer before...dad had the MCC removed from his head and a skin graft from his thigh on the 1st of Oct and we are now waiting to hear when he is to start radiation....we don't know anything about this type of cancer...dad has new cancers on his head already only been there for a week or so.. don't no what to make of them...Dad was in the navy during the last war (WW11)  his cancers are all sun related ... Pat
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.