ALSO RECENTLY DIAGNOSED PNET CS

Anonymous
Not applicable

ALSO RECENTLY DIAGNOSED PNET CS

In august 2018 i was diagnised with Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumor Carcinoid Syndrome.

Im finding it hard to accept my diagnoses.

I also have elder mother problems to deal with also.

I feel im in a dream.

David.

7 REPLIES 7
kj
Super Contributor

Re: ALSO RECENTLY DIAGNOSED PNET CS

Hi David

A Cancer diagnosis brings many different feelings,thoughts,and concerns,wondering what lies ahead with treatments ,the question of is surgery possible,it’s normal to find it hard to accept a diagnosis,we all respond differently,I tried to take it one day at a time and had a chat to my GP about my feelings and thoughts,he was very helpful.It would be very difficult if an elderly parent has problems also.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply.

Yes i see 2 cancer councelers in 2 days and mental health and my GP is good also.

Ive been a 24/7 carer for my elderly mum for 5 years and 5 years parttime 24/7 but the last 3 years have become extremly stressfull with mums health and ive been getting sicker and in august i found out why. Now have problems having mum accept living in a nursing home which is killing me with guilt.

I was already having a breakdown when i got my bad news on top of everything else.

Everyone here has a story to tell and all are brave in theire battle.

I hope the best for everyone and theire familys and loved ones.

Regards 

David

0 Kudos
kj
Super Contributor

That’s good you were pro active with counseling for your health,I was fortunate on diagnosis as my daughter moved back home with her children,to help my wife care for me,since then the roles are reversed my wife has Parkinson’s which is progressing I am her carer with help from the family so we have plenty of support.In your circumstances you have done your best caring for your Mum,please try not to feel guilty it’s a fact of life as we age our health needs change and hard decisions are faced. Doing it all for your Mum would have been extremely difficult mentally and physically especially as  you are unwell and a huge adjustment for you when she moved to a nursing home, hopefully  your Mum will adjust to her new environment ,when we are older we don’t like change for whatever reason even when it is the right decision.Wishing you the best.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Im canceling my account . I find this worsens my depression.
So sprry to hear sll that you got to deal with. I should just suck it up and be a man. God bless and all best for future.
0 Kudos
kj
Super Contributor

Sorry to read that, depression can be a debilitating illness .take care.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your kindness has helped partly and in changing my mind to stay.

Thanks

Re david69

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.👍
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.