An involuntary new member of this "club"

Margaret_M
New Contributor

An involuntary new member of this "club"

Hello everyone, my name is Margaret, and I discovered at the end of July that what I thought was a simple D&C procedure, was in fact, uterine cancer, stage 3 clearcell. Now I'm on the rollercoaster AND I WANT TO GET OFF!!!!!!! Surgery was OK, and first chemo interesting, no throwing up so far - thank goodness - , but why doesn't anyone tell you about the pain!!! from the centre of my bones out, its agony, even good old panadol has trouble coping, and when does the urge to constantly cry stop!! if I'm such a sook after two weeks, I hate to think what the next 6 months are going to be like! There, I've had a whinge, to people who I know understand, now I'll make a cuppa, have a chocolate and feel better. Thanks for this manic rave, I'll be better next time - I hope.....
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
harker
Frequent Contributor

Re: An involuntary new member of this "club"

Oxynorm, 20mg if possible. Way to go.
0 Kudos
VLASTA
Occasional Contributor

Hi Margaret, I went through the same, same cancer and probably the same chemo, had so much pain but Neurofen Plus 2 of them helped. I finished the whole lot and just to warn you, I still have a funny sensation in my legs and painful ankles, not that you will have too. Doctors tell me that everything will go away with time, lets hope. Best of luck Vlasta xx
0 Kudos
Margaret_M
New Contributor

Thanks Harker and Vlasta, will take both on board, although I suspect oxynorm is morphine based which is probably not for me. Today was pain free, this is what is a pain, the unpredictability, and the self pity tends to take over too, completely unjustified as I think I may be one of the "lucky" ones.... Thanks too Vlasta for your best wishes, are you OK now? hugs Margaret
0 Kudos
VLASTA
Occasional Contributor

I should be, it's all over... they cut the dam thing out, I survived therapies without any major issues but these days I'm scared that cancer might come back, feel like crying, but everyone says that's normal after being so busy with everything, now I have plenty of time to think about it which makes me crazy probably. I'm steel weak, can't do much which is boring and frustrating, patience is not on my side obviously, hehe. My legs still heart but my hear is coming back :) and about that pain, they lowered my dose of chemo for a little bit so the next time wasn't so bad and I didn't take the chance, I took the Neurofen plus straight after having chemo. How many radiations do you have, I had 27. Where are you, I'm in Melbourne. Hugs Vlasta
0 Kudos
harker
Frequent Contributor

i can't take neurofen because it eats my kidneys, so i get to go straight to morphine!
0 Kudos
Margaret_M
New Contributor

Good morning Vlasta, first, I'm in Melbourne - sort of - I live in Cockatoo, I had surgery too, that was the easy part, then I will be having three chemo sessions, (am two weeks into my first dose) then a not yet decided number of radiations, then three more chemo sessions. Of course they could change this after their next think about things to do to me. I have been fortunate so far, no sickness, just tiredness and bone pain, and of course crying for NO reason at the drop of a hat. I feel guilty when I complain, but not ever having been ill, its a big jump from minor things like a cold to cancer!!!. Reading about you, and others facing awful things to come, is bringing me back to some sort of perspective though, I just wish there was something we could do to make is all go away for everyone. I'm being treated at Ringwood Private, going to various programs etc that they have for us. The up side?? my chocolate addiction hasn't been affected :-) hugs Margaret
0 Kudos
VLASTA
Occasional Contributor

Good morning Margaret, pity they don't have a direct chat here. You live in the beautiful part of the Melbourne, I live down on the coast, Frankston. May I ask you how old are you? I understand every word you say, never ill before and now this, shocking, but at least we all can hide here among likes and spill our hearts out, only we can understand each other. All our families and friends mean and do they best but they can not understand what's going on with us. From now on we are not the same we used to be, we are stronger even if we don't see us that way. I'm now around 6-7 weeks after my treatments and I had my regular check up with oncologists but it seems to me that I am recovering so slowly that it hearts. My GP has done some blood test again I'm just on the way there to hear results. Catch you later, have a great day enjoy some of this beautiful sunshine. hugs and love Vlasta
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.