Appendiceal Mucinus Neoplasm

Starcee
New Contributor

Appendiceal Mucinus Neoplasm

New to this, I have been diagnosed with a rare cancer of the Appendix. I am 44, a single mum, with a couple of other medical problems, which seems to be the fashionable thing when you hit forty. I am having trouble finding information on this particular cancer. If anyone knows of someone with this cancer, any information that can be forwarded to me would be most appreciated. Thanking you in advance, Starcee.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Rosey1045
Occasional Contributor

Re: Appendiceal Mucinus Neoplasm

Hi Starcee I have the same cancer and had great difficulty in finding out any information. I trawled the net and found some websites. I have send you a message, which I hope will be helpful. You and one other person (Stitch, also on this site) are my only contacts with this cancer. So I am glad to have this contact.
0 Kudos
Stitch
Contributor

As this is not a common cancer - it is trouble hehe. Well actually it just makes us trouble ... Read my story on my page Starcee. the best site for information is .... http://www.macmillan.org.uk/Cancerinformation/Cancertypes/Pseudomyxomaperitonei/PMP.aspx A lot of sites want money to get any information. I printed this out and took it to my surgeon and asked is this what I have and are going to go through? The answer for me was - Yep. So at least I was prepared, and then I stopped researching - only needed to know the bolts of it - nothing more - too much info then. I also researched the surgeons that made up the the two teams. They both did some of their subject content there. I live in Brisbane. Where are you? I am now 14 mths past the opp :-) Too busy living and don't have enough spare time .... So much for slowing down and smelling the roses .... Best of luck, and if you want some info don't hesitate to message me. Gwen (stitch)
0 Kudos
Starcee
New Contributor

Hello Stitch, Sorry it has taken so long for me to get back to you. So where are you with the cancer now? Do you have ongoing treatment or check ups? Would you be able to give me a run down of your journey so far? If any of this is too personal or painful to talk about I understand. I live at Rosewood. So not too far from you. With me the Ipswich Surgeon is doing the "wait and watch". Had my appendix removed in December 2012. February 2013, they tell me it is cancer. April 2013 they go in for another look. And now I have to wait until December 2013 when they want to go in and have another look. When they took my Appendix out in December, they cut my Appendix in half before they removed it. So yippee, the cancer was already secreting out of my appendix and then they go and cut it in half and spill it inside my abdomen. I am extremely anxious about it all. Any advice you have for dealing with this "crap" would be most appreciated. Take care Starcee.
0 Kudos
Stitch
Contributor

We can meet when you are in Brisbane come to my place. You can ask me what ever you wish to. Private message me here for my details
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.