Beating Bowel Cancer

belladeka
New Contributor

Beating Bowel Cancer

Hi All im 33, and has been diagnosed with Stage 3 Bowel Cancer, i see my oncologist next week to see about my treatment from what ive been told at my age and fitness they are going to attack this head on and give a high dosage i just would like to know from your experience what ill be in for, for the next few months
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
katman2
New Contributor

Re: Beating Bowel Cancer

Hi Bella, If you would like I can give you the story of my trip thru this hell of a disease. I was diagnosed in Sept. last year with stage 4 bowel cancer. Had the bum camera job in August, saw my surgeon who operated in November. He rejoined my bowel during the op so no colostomy bag. Then because I had mets spread to my liver, I had 4 rounds of chemo early this year to shrink them. Then on July 6th I had a liver resection where half of my liver was removed. Yesterday I started back on chemo to as the oncologist says clean up any rogue cancer cells. There has been a lot of pain and tears, but my partner Rosie has made it worth while and easier. Hope you win the battle. Dave
0 Kudos
belladeka
New Contributor

Re: Beating Bowel Cancer

Hi Dave thanks for your reply its much appreciated, i have gone though the same journey almost, i was having pain in the stomach and got to a point i couldn't deal with it, so i visited my GP who organised some blood test to find out from results i was anemic with an iron levels of 2 which stayed like that for 3 months, I was then sent to Emergency department and after a long night in excruciating pain and lots of pain medication nothing helped so they then decide to have a colonoscopy where then the cancer was from in the lower part of the colon, so on the 25th August i had the operation to have it cut out and also had it rejoined so yeah no colostomy bag which i was very happy when i woke up. so its now been a month and so far so good but going to see my oncologist tomorrow to see about my chemo sessions coming up as the cancer has spread to the lymph nodes so hopefully they can reduce that and onto a fully recovery. thanks for you time good to hear from you again All the best for your Chemotherapy session
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.