Breast Cancer so scared

Ashley_ccnsw
Cancer Council Team

Re: Breast Cancer so scared

Hi Trish and Yelena,

Thank you for reaching out and getting support here with our community. It can be such a challenging, scary and difficult journey through all of this.

If there is anything we can do with our Counselling service, Telephone support groups or Cancer Connect service, please reach out if you need support.

All the best

Ashley

0 Kudos
Cindi54
Contributor

hI @YelenaVSH ,

I'm so sorry this has happened to you, I know it's such a shock, as I had breast cancer last year, I wanted to let you know that it may not be as bad as you imagine.

Mine was in both breasts and I had lumpectomies done but the margin in one was no good, so I had a double mastectomy, and they removed some lymph nodes, which were free of cancer.

I actually recovered quite quickly and didn't need chemo or radiation luckily. But I do need to take hormone blockers for a few years, but that's not too bad.

Unfortunately this year I have a completely different cancer, unrelated to the breast cancer, so don't you worry about that.

Please try not to panic as it may turn out not too bad. If the lymph nodes are clear you probably wont need chemo.

Although I have a friend who had lymph nodes involved so she went through chemo and is very healthy and cancer free now 😊

So wait to hear all results before panicking too much, I know one of the hardest thing is the waiting, but try to trust in your medical team, and the outcome may be much better than you fear.

You're not alone, sending you a big hug,

Cindi

0 Kudos
YelenaVSH
New Contributor

Good evening Cindy,

Thank you so much for your quick reply and very kind words🙂. It is important for all of us to remember that no-one is alone on this journey. I am so sorry to hear about another cancer that you are currently dealing with, and I admire your strength and positive disposition - the tone of your message is so warm and reassuring💗! I can learn from you😊.

I hope your treatment for this one will be successful and as quick as possible. The best of luck, I will be thinking of you, and please let me know how you go💕.

Lots of love,

Yelena

YelenaVSH
New Contributor

Thank you, Ashley🙂 I am sure I will be reaching out for support as things evolve!

0 Kudos
Cindi54
Contributor

Hi @YelenaVSH ,

I'm here for you, reach out when you want, I know it's scary, but you're not alone.

Cindi xx

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.