Gall Bladder Cancer

Patricia_M
Deceased

Gall Bladder Cancer

Hi i have just been diagnosed with Gall Bladder cancer, and have been told i have 4 months to live without chemo, and maybe 12 months with it, and they said thats if it works
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
DG
Contributor

Re: Gall Bladder Cancer

Hey Patricia Sorry to hear ur diagnosis, I got told much the same thing too with my cancer which is colon cancer, Have you decided what u are going to do, chemo or ?
0 Kudos
Khan_the_cat
Occasional Contributor

Dear Patricia, I am so sorry to hear your news. If it helps, I have seen a couple of people live years beyond their Doctor predicted lifespan. 1 was given only a couple of weeks by the time they found it. She made 6 years. Another was given 3 months tops. That was 5 months ago and she is getting better and better. I was given 3 months, 2 years ago. I have cervical cancer. Try to stay positive, I know it can be hard. Eat. When you do eat, try to keep it healthy and alkaline. But most important of all, try to enjoy every moment of every day. I wish you all the best.
0 Kudos
Khan_the_cat
Occasional Contributor

Dear Patricia, I am so sorry to hear your news. If it helps, I have seen a couple of people live years beyond their Doctor predicted lifespan. 1 was given only a couple of weeks by the time they found it. She made 6 years. Another was given 3 months tops. That was 5 months ago and she is getting better and better. I was given 3 months, 2 years ago. I have cervical cancer. Try to stay positive, I know it can be hard. Eat. When you do eat, try to keep it healthy and alkaline. But most important of all, try to enjoy every moment of every day. I wish you all the best.
0 Kudos
Khan_the_cat
Occasional Contributor

0 Kudos
Not applicable

How are you? I realise your post is not recent, just wondering how you went without the chemo! In the same boat here.
0 Kudos
trinav5
Not applicable

I was diagnosed with stage 4 B gallbladder cancer in January 2015. I travelled from Cairns Wueensland to Melbourne and was seen at the Peter MacCallum cancer clinic. I had a radical resection in March after convincing the surgeon to operate. Now I have finished five months of chemo, gemcitabine back in Cairns. Next week I will fly back to Melbourne for my post op checkup. I feel great, but then I did right up until the op too. The stats are pretty depressing and it's hard to find up to date information. I plan on betting the odds. I would love to hear from others who are beating the odds, especially those with gallbladder cancer.
0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

TRina Good on you for pushing for treatment and exploring options. My thought on all this cancer stuff is "give it our best shot". Julie
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.