Hi. I'm new at both this forum and cancer

Tammy
Occasional Contributor

Hi. I'm new at both this forum and cancer

Hi. My name is Tammy and I am 40. I have endometrial cancer, diagnosed 3/6/13. I found this forum and thought that I could get, and give, some support from people who have some idea of what I am going through. Looking forward to making some new friends. Tam
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Jenxki
Occasional Contributor

Re: Hi. I'm new at both this forum and cancer

Hi Tammy, It must still a big shock to you! I was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer in April and I don't think I have accepted it fully yet (getting there though, I hope). Contact Cancer Council in your state. In QLD they work with some universities so I get 6 free phone sessions with a psychiatrist which I found very helpful. She taught me how to cope with my anxiety. Meditation (learning to) also helps me calm down. Face/share your feelings (fear, anger, anxiety, sadness) is a good way to start. Just keep doing it. Write/talk to your friends, keep a journal. Observe your emotions and learn to not let them control you without suppressing them. Hope this helps. Write to me anytime! Some days I'm off colour but I'll try to get back to you as soon as I can. All the best. Sending you all the positive energy! Jen
0 Kudos
bev
Frequent Contributor

Re: Hi. I'm new at both this forum and cancer

Come join our group for gyno cancers. Just look at the top of the first screen and it will show different groups. Find gyno cancers, we also have online chats once a month which is really good for everyone. I survived cancer of the uterus 6 years ago.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.