Hi I'm new here

Son1807
Occasional Contributor

Re: Hi I'm new here

Hi DG Thanks for the best wishes, and all the best to you. We need to beat this parasite! I wake up in the morning and for about 30 seconds, I forget about the cancer, and its so nice to feel that way, and then reality kicks back in. Does that happen to you? I went for my 2nd full treatment yesterday, and my neutrophils were low, but had it anyway. My white cell count was good due to the steroids I'm taking to settle my acne like rash. Did you get the rash? I'm told its a good sign that the treatment is working, and I'm hoping they're right. How are you doing? Where do you live? I'm in Sydney. You sent me a friend request, but I'm not sure how to accept. I'm a bit technologically dumb!! Sonya
0 Kudos
DG
Contributor

Hey sorry its taken so long for me to reply, Yes i do get that where i haven't remembered it for a few seconds then it hits me, its like the diagnosis all over again :( I haven't had a rash, not sure if im only slightly different meds to u that cause it but hopefully my treatment is working Im doing ok so far, but very tired all the time, seems theres never a time when im not tired! I live i Adelaide So how are u doing now Sonya?
0 Kudos
DG
Contributor

Hey sorry its taken so long for me to reply, Yes i do get that where i haven't remembered it for a few seconds then it hits me, its like the diagnosis all over again :( I haven't had a rash, not sure if im only slightly different meds to u that cause it but hopefully my treatment is working Im doing ok so far, but very tired all the time, seems theres never a time when im not tired! I live i Adelaide So how are u doing now Sonya?
0 Kudos
Son1807
Occasional Contributor

Hi DG, I have been feeling tired too lately, I suppose that's something we just have to put up with given the toxic stuff they pump into us. I did end up in hospital a few weeks ago! Had the flu and a temperature. Great way to spend a Saturday afternoon!! I have relatives that live in Adelaide. An uncle in Elizabeth and cousins in Paralowie and Gawler. I spent many school holidays in Adelaide, but have never been to the Barossa Valley!! I'm pleased to say my skin rash has settled down a little now as I'm having the drug that causes it every 2nd week. Saw my oncologist on Tuesday, who is happy with my progress. Says I'm managing my side effects well. Also thinks the treatment is working better than the CT scans suggest. What???? So what's the point of having them, relying on what they say in the reports, and getting upset at the results if they may not be 100% accurate???? So now he's asked for bloods to be taken to measure the CEA!! Weren't we supposed to be doing that all along?? And this is a Professor!! What's your oncologist like?? How is your family coping with your diagnosis? Do you have kids? Best of luck to you. Keep me posted on your progress. Sonya
0 Kudos
ameliasykes
Occasional Contributor

Hi DG and Sonya, Am hoping and praying for you both that you get the outcome you want and am fully supportive of the proving them wrong philosophy of being a survivor! You sound like you both have so much to live and fight for, and as I think I'm a bit younger than you I'm so determined to be in a place where I can say I have been cured and then have amazing children and grandchildren and that this time in my life is only a 'bump in the road'. Lots of Love Amelia
0 Kudos
Sherrell
New Contributor

Hi, I have just completed 12 weeks of chemo after having 1/2 my left lung removed which had a 3 cm cancer, I then chose to have chemo after 1 cell remained after my lymph nodes was removed. It has been 3 weeks since my last chemo, and I feel no better, if anything I feel worse. The depression and anxiety are my biggest problems. Each morning I wake up depressed and spend a majority of the day crying, for no reason. I am so fed up with feeling this way and desperately need advice. This is my first time on this site, hope I have written this in the right place. Would appreciate any help anyone could give me, I am getting desperate now. Thank You Looking forward to any suggestions or advice.
0 Kudos
DG
Contributor

Thank you Amelia I do have a lot to live for yes, and im determined that 'it' wont win! how are u doing now ?
0 Kudos
DG
Contributor

Anxiety and depression are REALLY horrible, but in all honesty u have really good reason to feel that way, its a horrible and depression situation to be in isnt it! having said that u need to try anything to get out of it, I think u heal a lot better when having a positive outlook, plus its overall better for u too,I havent finished chemo so not in the same position as u but i really wish u well and hope u start to feel better soon as x
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.