I’ll never give up- many cancers

Doug11
New Contributor

I’ll never give up- many cancers

Just wondering if their are any other posters who have been through what I have.

I have had non-Hodgkins lymphoma, multiple melanomas, renal carcinoma (kidney cancer) and now a soft tissue sarcoma.

I am still positive, but you can only get hit down so many times.

Do you think my immune system is just more susceptible to cancer ??

I am nearly 50, so would like to have a few more good years.

Regards

Doug

8 REPLIES 8
sch
Super Contributor

Re: I’ll never give up- many cancers

Hi Doug,

Welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear about your cancers.

It's good that you're still positive. Sometimes with these illnesses, well, it's just the way that it is.

Some people win the genetic lottery and others don't.

I have lynch syndrome, which genetically predisposes me to developing a number of cancers and I manage that risk with both testing and surgery.

Best of luck fighting your current cancer.

Keep us updated!

-s

0 Kudos
Doug11
New Contributor

Thanks,

Need some more tests, but things mightn’t be as bad as first thought.  On other news, had a funny looking mole removed a few weeks and got the result back as a squamous cell cancer.  So that makes 3 melanomas and 2 squamous cell ones.  Getting them early is the key..

sch
Super Contributor

I guess the key is when you know you are at increased risk is to monitor/test and test often.

It might feel like it's inevitible, but in time with testing, it really helps it won't feel so bad.

Good on you for doing the testing.

-s

0 Kudos
Rasool
Occasional Contributor

I am a Tokshuri, they don't even give me a single dollar for free, they don't help me, I don't care, I don't have any money either, the last time I was thrown out of the hospital for 2000 dollars and my left hand was also injured, now what can I do except commit suicide 

0 Kudos
Tracy70

Rasool,

Please call Lifeline 13 11 14 and speak to someone who can help you. Please don't do anything to harm yourself. 

Rasool
Occasional Contributor

🚨💉

💉🚨

0 Kudos
Doug11
New Contributor

What country are you from ?  This forum is Australian cancer council.  Unfortunately we can’t assist financially with the 3 billion people of the world who don’t have access to quality health care.  
It is a sad reality of the world we live. 

We can however help emotionally with support. so post your concerns and I am sure we can assist ( no begging for money again though Rasool or we might suspect you of being a scammer).  

thanks

Doug

0 Kudos
Rasool
Occasional Contributor

Re: 🥺

🤔🤔 چه انسان های هستین من از دردم مشکلات جای که هستم گفتم شما چی میگی اوکی بدرود

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.