Newbie - Bowel Cancer Stage 3C

Felicity
Not applicable

Newbie - Bowel Cancer Stage 3C

Hi I am 46 years old and was told I had bowel Cancer on the 23rd of September officially. It has been a comedy of errors. As I was actually told by the lady conducting my CatScan that I had cancer. I have found a bit of lack of communication within the Medical industry when it comes to us the patient. Anyway, on the 13th October - I had 2/3rd of my bowel removed. Found out that the cancer was in at least 6 Lymph nodes. Had an infection and ended up back in hospital. I see my Chemo Doctor tomorrow. For the next stage of my journey. I have always had a positive outlook in life. But lets be honest there are days which just scare me for the future. This is my second round of cancer. I had early Cerivical Cancer when I was 23 years old. I was also tested for Lynch syndrom but it came back as negative. I would love to talk with people who have gone through the treatment or are on their own journey as well. I am in Melbourne.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.