Newly Diagnosed: Triple Negative Breast Cancer

AshleeRose25
Occasional Visitor

Newly Diagnosed: Triple Negative Breast Cancer

Hi everyone, my name’s Ashlee and I’m 30 years old. A few days ago I was diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer. I was experiencing breast pain for about six months on and off before getting a physical exam. After then an ultrasound, mammogram and biopsy they found out what it was, a 16mm mass in my breast. Since then it has been a whirlwind of information and meeting with different doctors, I have been genetically tested for the BRCA gene, has an echocardiogram and am starting chemo next week. 
Mentally I have been copeing a lot better than I thought, it’s almost a thing now of relief in knowing what I’m dealing with and anticipation to get into treating it. 
The main stress at the moment is financial, as I’m out of work for the foreseeable future. The oncologist said that most people doing this type of aggressive chemo can’t work, and then I have the added risk of I work with children and will be immuno compromised. 
I was wondering if anyone had advice for how to prepare before chemo, what did you find you needed that you wish you’d had planned beforehand, any tips or tricks to getting through it better? 
thanks in advance! 

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.