Prostate Cancer - Options

VFR1200X

Prostate Cancer - Options

Ok just been diagnosed with Prostate Cancer with a Gleeson Score of 7 (4+3)

I'm 49 and I already have ED so both the Surgery and Radiation options sound like a shitty deal.

Can I "demand" to have something like Cryo or Ultrasound in the Public System or would I have to go Privately.

Also quality of life is more important to me than length of life.  How many good years would I get if I just didn't do anything?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
kanterl
Occasional Contributor

Re: Prostate Cancer - Options

sorry to hear of your diagnosis. I have several friends who have used Proton Beam therapy with fantastic results. I know another who used hyperthermia with good results. This is your life . . . do whatever it takes. Best of luck.

0 Kudos
HelenBeee
Occasional Contributor

Re: Prostate Cancer - Options

Ask for it.....and if they say no ask why not? ask if its available privately and see how much it would cost. You might be able to fund it another way? Ask if there are any trials? Ask for alternatives.....absolutely ask the questions and get answers. They may not be the answers you want but you will feel a little more empowered by it and you may find an acceptable alternative. Good Luck 🙂

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.