Recurring Malignant Peripheral Nerve Sheath Tumors

erron
New Contributor

Recurring Malignant Peripheral Nerve Sheath Tumors

Hi Experts,

This is about my cousin who has developed Recurring MPNST. This is genetical, father has similar problems but non invasive. He was treated 3 times with radiation and chemo in the last 1.5 years with 10cm in size.

This time it seems a bit severe and everybody in the family is very concerned. he is only 27 years old.

We were told that this is non invasive type of tumour and it will reach its peak and stop recurring in future, not sure if this correct or not.

It hasnt done invasion in blood, but there are some small tumours detected in lungs.

Just wanted to get an expert opinion what are his survival chances, what else he needs to be careful of. happy to send assessment report.

Thanks muchly

Regards

Ron

5 REPLIES 5
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Re: Recurring Malignant Peripheral Nerve Sheath Tumors

Hi @erron,

Sorry to hear of your cousin's diagnosis.

There's some information here, over on the knowledgebase maintained by Rare Cancers Australia about MPNST with some information about prognosis that you may find useful. May need to scroll down once or twice to get to the information I've mentioned.

Has anyone here had any experience with MPNST or soft tissue sarcoma's that could perhaps address @erron's questions? Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Kate

Online Community Manager

looker_labs
Contributor

Oh it could be cured.

The right kind of treatment helps.

Karina

Hello, I have a MPNST too. Instead if 2nd op I will get a new treatment. Its called carbón ion therapy, which sounds promising. 

Karina

erron
New Contributor

Thanks for sharing 🙂
0 Kudos
erron
New Contributor

Great to know,

Thanks for sharing Karina.

Regards

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.