Scared cancer has spread to my leg? should I go to another GP?

BlueYellowBoat
Occasional Contributor

Scared cancer has spread to my leg? should I go to another GP?

I recently been diagnosed with colon cancer, I'm waiting to see an oncologist.

I'm very nervous and scared.

I've only had one initial CT scan so far that showed no signs of tumours else where (it scanned my upper body).

Hoever, over the last week i've noticed my left leg feels really sore. My thigh is tight and my calf is tight. I'm beginning to limp a bit. I'm really scared the cancer has spread to my bones that make things incurable.

I  went to the GP and he said don't worry about it and told me to take pain killers but im really worried. Could this be the end? If its in my bone its incurable its really over for me.

I know people will think maybe it's a muscle strian or something but i exercise a lot and go for long walks and never felt this before and nothing i've done recently has warranted this pain. My leg just feels really heavy and fatigued. 

I'm really scared what could it mean?

1 REPLY 1
Lampwork54
Regular Contributor

Re: Scared cancer has spread to my leg? should I go to another GP?

It could mean absolutely nothing.  We all know our own bodies and when something doesn't feel right - get a second opinion.  Make sure you are confident with the outcome that they've done the right tests to either isolate a problem or rule one out.  

I hope you find a good answer.

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.