Stage 4 colon cancer metastacised to the lungs

petalpos
New Contributor

Stage 4 colon cancer metastacised to the lungs

I have been diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer metastacised to my lungs. I had a colonoscopy 2 years ago so it appears the cancer has a foothold. Does anyone know the symptoms I can expect to experience in the future. I must be in the early stages I think, as I have not yet had any symptoms. This has caused me to be somewhat in denial.

I am refusing the invasive tests, for e.g. a biopsy and don't intend to pursue invasive treatment anyway. I am scared. Any help with information about what my future holds would be appreciated. ...... Jan

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Re: Stage 4 colon cancer metastacised to the lungs

Hello @petalpos and welcome!

Sorry to hear of your diagnosis, you are understandably scared, especially of the unknown. Sending hugs!! Heart

Can I suggest you give our 13 11 20 team a call and just have a chat with them? I would be happy to help with any questions I can as well. So don't be afraid to ask them here Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
petalpos
New Contributor

Re: Stage 4 colon cancer metastacised to the lungs

Thanks Kate... for your response and kind words.

I am still trying to get my head around it, accept it......the oncologist said 6months - that can't be right, surely, that was 2-3 months ago. I am seeing him again soon, so we'll see...... Hugs, Jan.

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.