The countdown is on. Surgery this Tuesday. ...

Bowie70
Occasional Contributor

The countdown is on. Surgery this Tuesday. ...

Hello, first of all if your reading this your also going through your own roller-coaster of emotions...sending you support and understanding.  I was diagnosed recently with thyroid cancer.  I'm scheduled to have a Left Hemithyroidectomy & central Lymph Node Dissection on Tuesday, I'm absolutely petrified.  I feel so alone even though i have support . The covid pandemic has left me feeling even more alone because every time i see a good mate we can't hug and keep our distance.  I understand it totally,  but i really need a hug. I'm trying to be brave. . ....oh and if anyone has got any recommendations for any books that they have found helpful in regards to thyroid cancer  i would appreciate. And whilst i also remember  (thyroid brain ) I'm already looking at scar creams and strips online,  any recommendations  also would be appreciated too. Thanks for reading.  

2 REPLIES 2
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Re: The countdown is on. Surgery this Tuesday. ...

Hi @Bowie70,

Just checking in and seeing how you are today with your surgery? 🤗

I hope everything goes smoothly!!

hug.gif

-Kate

Bowie70
Occasional Contributor

Re: The countdown is on. Surgery this Tuesday. ...

Oh THANK YOU so much Katekat very much appreciated.  It's all over and done. It's never what you imagine is it?... im very sore but its not from the cut,  but fron the tube they use to  put dowm your throat to breath. Apart from that I'm good. My surgeon will come and have a chat with me  before im discharged and apparently i will get my results from my GP in about a week. Thank you so much to Katekat & Kj for all your support and kindness . I'm ready to go home to my comfy bed rest....and see what my future holds for me. I wish anyone going through this op all the very best. If i can get through it anyone can!. You will be ok i promise. 

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.