anal cancer anyone

bloss
Occasional Contributor

anal cancer anyone

anyone at there with Anal cancer.. it seems to me that no one has this . i was diagnose two weeks ago and see my oncologist for the first time next week for my treatment plan ... radiation treatment.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Choupette
New Contributor

Re: anal cancer anyone

Hi Bloss, I was also diagnosed with anal cancer in May/June. U have undergone one week of chemo/radiation and 2 weeks of radiation after that. Still have to do 1 week radiation, one week combined chemo/radiation, and week 6, last week of radiation. If I can help please let me know.
0 Kudos
bloss
Occasional Contributor

hi there Choupette i am so glad to have found you.my journey started on June 28th 2016 diagnose with Anal cancer. i had PICC line and first lot of Chemo with automatic pump for 4days last week at home this week is first week of radiation everyday for 6 weeks. how are you going. was it a shock for you. what symtoms did you have. i live on the Mornington Peninsula in Victoria. i would love to get updates from you. hang in there and KICK ASS!!
0 Kudos
Choupette
New Contributor

Hi Bloss, So glad to have heard from you. I was wondering how you were going. I first had faeces tests done in May after I noticed I was going 2 to 3 times a morning and it didn't seem to be right to me, not the norm. Two tests showed the first was negative and the second was positive. Then my GP decided to have a colonoscopy to see if there were any abnormalities and it showed a tumor just inside the anus. I got referred straight away to see 2 oncologists (one specializing in radiation and one in chemo). After having a PET scan done it showed 3 tumors and not one as first thought. They reckoned the first one was about 12 months old and approx 2.5cm (one inch) in size. The others are on each side of the first one and smaller. I have just finished my 4th week of treatment. - 1st week chemo (automatic pump) with a PICC in my left arm as well as 5 days radiation, Monday to Friday. - 2nd/3rd and 4th week radiation only. - 5th week starting this coming Monday chemo again and radiation Mon to Friday. 6th and final week radiation only. I'm still working full time and when I feel I need it I just rest for an hour or two. I'm lucky as I work from home, therefore it is not an issue. I go to Toowoomba every day for treatment which is 1hr each way. I still drive myself every day and insist in having a normal life as much as I can. This is not going to get me down! it is just another obstacle that life throws at you. I live alone and have my 2 girls (dogs...) which I love dearly. I need to be here for them and will do all I can to do it. They are my family as I only have a brother and sister left and they both live overseas. I have been divorced for 17 years and don't have any children. when I got first diagnosed my reaction was "why me??" I don't drink, don't smoke, I'm very active in the local community, etc. It was so unfair, but life is like that! I was talking with a lady at chemo and she was told she has only 2 years to live. She had the same reaction and then thought: "Why not me?" Then seeing young and old, male and female, not discriminating race, gender, etc., you wonder why? Why haven't they found a cure yet, why children? and the list goes on. I wish I had the answers to all the questions but unfortunately I don't. All I can do is put my trust in the people treating me and hope for the best. I'm a firm believer in affirmations and practice them when I'm having the radiation treatment. I do believe staying away from processed food and having a balanced diet with plenty of vegetables is the best we can do to ensure we stay healthy, something I have been preaching but unfortunately not practicing. I refused to let this "inconvenience" get me down and will fight it as much as I can. I'm not done yet! Both my parents died in their 90s and I still have 30 years to go to do the same. 2 weeks ago I had pain my arm where the PICC was and swelling also. It didn't seem to be right on the Thursday when i mentioned it to the doctor, on the Monday when I saw the second oncologist he sent me for an ultra sound and they found there were 2 blood clots in the PICC line. One in the arm and one in the chest, just above the left breast. The PICC line had to come out which I enjoyed as I didn't like it at all. Only problem was due to the clots I had to be on injections twice a day which I have to do myself in the belly, to thin the blood, even worse than the PICC line! I have to be on them for at least 3 months the doctor tells me. They don't hurt much but it is not a nice thing to do yourself! So be strong and fight tooth and nail, women are too strong to give in, this is just another obstacle! We will see it through! Best regards, Marie
0 Kudos
bloss
Occasional Contributor

Hi there Marie. So sorry for not replying. My internet has been down. Also i gave lost my notifications of people who reply. My name is Anna. I am so glad to have heard back from you. You sound as if you had a bit of a slight setback with blood clots in your arm .where are you with treatment at the moment. I have finished this week after 6 weeks. Mine regime was exactly like yours. How are your burns going. Are you in much pain. I am using Endone for pain relief. My butt is just okay. This week has been the best as far as bowel motion not feeling like sharp razor blades. I admire you for working. WOW. had do you manage. I work full time as community care worker with elderly etc. Lots of physical. Hard.to think i could work at this stage. I am proud dog owner of two blue heelers. Lizzie and Ripples. They are my life and encouragement at moment So are my two kids . Nathan 22. sarah 19. I am happily married. My husband is my rock. Must go. Tummy urgency. Talk again soon Cheers Anna xx
0 Kudos
bloss
Occasional Contributor

Hi there Marie. So sorry for not replying. My internet has been down. Also i gave lost my notifications of people who reply. My name is Anna. I am so glad to have heard back from you. You sound as if you had a bit of a slight setback with blood clots in your arm .where are you with treatment at the moment. I have finished this week after 6 weeks. Mine regime was exactly like yours. How are your burns going. Are you in much pain. I am using Endone for pain relief. My butt is just okay. This week has been the best as far as bowel motion not feeling like sharp razor blades. I admire you for working. WOW. had do you manage. I work full time as community care worker with elderly etc. Lots of physical. Hard.to think i could work at this stage. I am proud dog owner of two blue heelers. Lizzie and Ripples. They are my life and encouragement at moment So are my two kids . Nathan 22. sarah 19. I am happily married. My husband is my rock. Must go. Tummy urgency. Talk again soon Cheers Anna xx
0 Kudos
bloss
Occasional Contributor

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.