invasive lobular carcinoma

bevvzy
Contributor

invasive lobular carcinoma

I was only posting on here yesterday to se what the difference was between LCIS and DCIS, to try and find out which I had. Well today I got my biopsy and it is invasive breast cancer, in other words I was kidding myself against all odds. After days of anxiety and reading far too mcuh, today I just feel deflated and totally lostI didnt ask my gp on the phone if it was lobular or ductal, as I guess now it makes no difference at all. Its 19mm, so I dont know, in terms of this, if that would be considered as very small or what?  there were so many questions I should ahve asked her on the phone but was too shell shocked to think past the word invasive. I was also really uneducated as all the sights I searched, for benign options, showed the anatomy of the breast and always highlight the outer breast and armpit lymph nodes. Dont they realise it can be on either side, its a little misleading fior the ignorants like me. I also didnt realise that you have just as many lymph nodes on the breastbone side!  and here I was thinking, oh well, if it is, and now I kbnow it is, that at least Im lucky as it is away from the armpit where the lymph nodes are. I am so scared, I dont know what to expect, but I was jsut told it will move very quickly, so maybe thats a good thing as I wont have time to over think.  She said I am likely looking at a mastectomy and chemo? I am thinking that if that is the case, maybe I am better having a bilateral? what are all your views out there?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
AJ74
Occasional Visitor

Re: invasive lobular carcinoma

Hi I was diagnosed with lobular  carcinoma in my left breast and had a single total left breast mastectomy on 30/3/17. Personally I wish I'd had a bilateral mastectomy as I find the back ache and imbalance is quite noticeable. Mind you I am an 18 E cup. Wishing you all the best with your surgery and recovery. 

0 Kudos
bevvzy
Contributor

Re: invasive lobular carcinoma

I had right off 2 weeks ago w ith unexpected axillary dissection  . Only expected sentine l node, the constant burning in thr underside of my upper arm has put me off for life but lucky i was only small breasted 

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.