recently diagnosed

maggiewright
Not applicable

recently diagnosed

Hi everyone, i have recently been diagnosed with rectal cancer and im feeling a little lost, not to mention scared. No treatment has been started yet, i see someone on the 2nd feb. My family and i are doing our best to stay positive but i must say its a very scary thing !
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
benlisecca
Contributor

recently diagnosed

Hi Maggie, Stay positive - the doctors can do some amazing things and attitude is so important in this fight.  Good luck next week, we're thinking of you.  Stay strong and keep in touch.Sharon
0 Kudos
mihalo
Contributor

recently diagnosed

Hi Maggie, the fear of the unknown is the scariest. Once you have the full picture and a plan of action you will feel more in control and ready to slay these demons that have invaded. I have been slaying my dragons for 17 months now and I was given a 6 month prognosis, and I'm not looking likely to be going anywhere else but right here with my baby boys any time soon xx My middle baby starts his first day of school tomorrow, this was one milestone I was told I wouldn't see....I sure showed them....never had any intentions of missing it  And I have one more to go yet in 3 years time and I'm damn sure I'll be there for that too . Stay strong and positive, as it truely truely will get you through it. God Bless and fingers crossed for a good game plan next week. Cheers Mihalo 
0 Kudos
admin_one
Contributor

recently diagnosed

Hi Maggie,Thanks for sharing this.My aunty was diagnosed with bowel cancer 2 years ago. She went on treatment and now she goes to control but it looks like it is under control.I thought I would let you know. I wish you all the best in this journey and feel free to post to let us know how things are going.
0 Kudos
bev
Frequent Contributor

recently diagnosed

Best wishes to you for next week. I feel that maybe it is scarey, but then at the same time you do have lots of support around you. For me, even though I might not have understood some of the things they were saying, when I look back, it all works out for the good, at least it did for me. Chatting on the forum always seems to make it easier too. Even if one member of this forum mentions one thing that happened to them, and if it is happening to you too, then you know that you are not alone. Good luck.    
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.