Waiting for results

Jode
Occasional Contributor

Waiting for results

Hi, I found this forum and just need to offload a little. I had thyroid cancer 16 years ago and thought that was all in the past. I turned 40 a few months ago and my endocrinologist suggested I have a mammogram. I got the call on Tuesday to say they’d found something and ask me back for a biopsy. My endocrinologist confirmed there is a possible link between thyroid cancer and breast cancer, particularly when Hashimoto disease was present. I know it’s only a possible link and that it’s unlikely to be anything (or so my husband keeps telling me) but I’m totally freaking out. I can’t think about anything else, I’m not sleeping and have just yelled at my kids. I didn’t think I’d have to go through this waiting again... 

7 REPLIES 7
Steven
Occasional Contributor

Re: Waiting for results

Hi Jode,

Agreed the waiting is very stressful and at times all consuming, I don't know how you are feeling but I do know how I felt when I had 3 recurrences.

The beauty of this Community is that you are not alone and there is support and help available.

Stay strong, but tears are fine as well.

Wishing you all the best a fellow traveller.

Steve xo

Jode
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Steven. I so appreciate your message of support. It means a lot to know im not alone.

I hope you are also doing ok.

Thank you. J

Steven
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jode, I am not too bad thank you. Just take each day as it comes seems to work for me at the present. Take care Cheers Steve

0 Kudos
Steven
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jode,

Just checking to see how you are going?

Regards Steve

0 Kudos
Jode
Occasional Contributor

Hi Steve, 

Thank you so much for checking in on me. Thankfully my results have come back clear. The relief is huge and I feel like I can get back to normality. Although a horrible thing to go through, it reminded me how fortunate I am and to focus on the things that are most important. Thanks again for your support. It really helped me when I was feeling very lost. I hope things go well for you. Thanks again. 

Jo

Steven
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jo,

That is fantatsic news I am so happy for you and your family.

Enjoy every minute of every day, even the bad days are still a blessing.

Steve

Jode
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Steve. Take care and wishing you all the very best. 

Jode

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.