anxiety

kim1961
Not applicable

anxiety

Hi I am wondering if anyone else suffers from severe anxiety post cancer I am 5 yrs survivorship and finding the anxiety is beginning to control my life I thought it would get better as the years progressed but it seems to be getting worsre.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
kj
Super Contributor

Re: anxiety

Kim I am nearly 4 years after surgery and Chemo currently in remission, I can relate to your concerns mostly my thoughts are under control but every now and then when I am unwell a symptom appears, and I wonder what if, but I gain control of my thoughts and continue on my way. I think it is normal to have these thoughts just try not to let them take over your life,we are the lucky ones in Remission not every one is as fortunate. kj
0 Kudos
Stace
Contributor

Re: anxiety

hi there, I was diagnosed in 2010 aged 30 and I have since been through the treatments operations etc but I have since suffered with anxiety, if its too much go to your GP & explain how you feel I am on a low dose medication which helps me so much I have tried to go off in but have found that life it much more pleasant on it! You have nothing to be ashamed of, I figure its just a part of the whole process, goodluck
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.