CT Scan worries

Mustang_Sal
Occasional Contributor

CT Scan worries

Hi all, I know we all get worried coming up to the time of our CT scans, but does anyone almost get to the point of wanting to cry everyday leading up to it and worry yourself sick? I had a sarcoma located in my pelvic area and I find that every time the dreaded CT Scan approaches I feel aches and pains everywhere. Is it just me? Am I imagining it? I only noticed my sarcoma because of back pain or Sciatica as the first GP I went to told me it was! Luckily I went for a second opinion. I know its always in the back of my mind that it will come back and I am absolutely TERRIFIED about it. I have a 4 year old who will be starting Kindy in Feb, we just celebrated her 4th birthday recently - a day I was told I would NOT be around for. I am not afraid of dying but of not being there for my daughter when she will need me most. 😞 Does anyone else feel like this or am I just being silly? My hubby is my rock but I dont want him worrying about me anymore than he already does. My family dont live here and my friends have (thankfully) not had to experience anything like this. I am feeling frustrated and alone xx
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
topenddownunder
Contributor

Re: CT Scan worries

Gday Mustang Sal Yep...I think most of us get aches and pain and worry, I`m not sure if its the Anxiety of the outcome or what. I am coming up to a CT Scan (3 monthly) my first since being on Chemo.The CT scan can see my lung and lymph gland cancer,but unfortunately doesnt pick up my pelvic cancer (secondary) Whether because its in the bone or not, I dont know. Would love to have a PET scan,,but the nearest is Townsville (4 hour drive) and my doctor seems to be a bit reluctant to send me for one just yet.I hope your outcome is favourable....and the scan is clear.....Am thinking and praying for you...All the best Greg & De
0 Kudos
nello
Contributor

I can totally relate to this Sal! I get aches and pains from time to time which freak me out ("OMG my cancer is back and it's in my [insert body part here]). Every check up I've had so far has been clear, so I don't freak out as much as I used to about possible cancer symptoms. A nurse told me that these aches and pains can be related to treatment, particularly radiation. Best of luck for the CT. X
0 Kudos
Mustang_Sal
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Topenddownunder & Nello for your replies. Good to know I am not alone in feeling anxious about the up coming scan. I made the mistake of lifting my 4 year old (she was refusing to get into the car) and my back has been sore this past week, I booked into see my GP today and she sent me for a CT scan (my normal follow up is 13th Dec) so results are tomorrow. Soooooo nervous about this one. I had a Sarcoma in my iliac pelvic area, docs are not sure if its bone or tissue. I am currently 21months in remission which was totally unexpected as my survival rate was very low. Results are tomorrow so I am, even though not very religious praying that everything will be okay. Hope everyone else is keeping well. xx
0 Kudos
Mustang_Sal
Occasional Contributor

Just an update on my CT Scan - A bulging disc is pressing on a nerve! I was sooooo worried, I honestly expected the worst even broke down crying with relief - the poor doc! Follow up appointment with my oncologist on Tuesday so he can see the CT results. Thank you for letting me vent xxx
0 Kudos
nello
Contributor

What great news! Glad to hear it wasn't something more sinister. 🙂
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.