Cancer: A Story Of Hope (ABC Catalyst)

laura-nswcc
Cancer Council Team

Cancer: A Story Of Hope (ABC Catalyst)

Did anyone catch "Cancer: A story of hope" on Catalyst last week? If not, it's available to view here for free (approx 1hr) https://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/cancer-a-story-of-hope/13460750 

It follows several cancer patients at Chris O'Brien Lifehouse (in Sydney) as they go through treatment (including chemotherapy and surgery - warning: there is video of surgery which can be skipped through) as well as oncology massage and exercise to reduce cancer-related fatigue.

What were your thoughts on this episode?

3 REPLIES 3
TinaMc
New Contributor

Re: Cancer: A Story Of Hope (ABC Catalyst)

I'm having the exact operation for tongue cancer tomorrow as was shown in the program. I had a partial glossectomy 7 weeks ago but now need to have further surgery with the free flap as on Catalyst. I found it reassuring as one of my main concerns was how badly my speech would be affected. The guy was speaking as well as I am now at 6 weeks so I'm hoping for the same result:)

laura-nswcc
Cancer Council Team

Thanks for sharing TinaMc. I'm sure you appreciated hearing about the support team he had - from not only those performing the surgery, but for afterwards having a dietitian and speech therapist to assist with recovery. I hope you are connected to these professionals too.

Best wishes for tomorrow's surgery 🌻 

0 Kudos
Alan22
Occasional Contributor

Excellent program

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.