Facing Balance issue

Larama
New Contributor

Facing Balance issue

Hello everyone

I just want ask briefly question here. It is my first post so... 

Is Any body facing issue with balance ? Because of cerebellum tumor.  Did anyone had it and improved their balance and can get back normal movement? Having radiation and now on chemo and physical therapy for twice in week (4months) and still not improving at all.  Had only  biology surgery 7 months ago and balance gone bad. 

thank you everyone! 
stay safe! 

2 REPLIES 2
Larama
New Contributor

Re: Facing Balance issue

Thank you everyone who responded and who read my post! 
take care! 

0 Kudos
PeterK
Contributor

Re: Facing Balance issue

Hi Larama
I have balance, strength, and stability issues associated with S4 esophageal cancer having spread to my spine at L4 & T9 however this latter one is causing no impact on the spine at this stage, I currently walk with the assistance of a walking stick.
I have had chemo and recently 5/6 weeks ago had radiation therapy to the L4 area and have had no mention from my oncologist about physical therapy, as the treatment is more about pain relief and quality of life as I suspect this to further deteriorate over time.
Each prognosis, journey and outcome is very different, so I wish you all the very best,
I’m sure some days you will have steps forward but some days a backward step as well, but stay strong, be strong set goals and kick some goals as well.
I wish you all the very best for the future
Kind Regards Peter 👍👍👍
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.