Hello from Jodie!!

Jodiesjourneyco
New Contributor

Hello from Jodie!!

Hello All,

My website is: www.jodiesjourney.com

I am a Mum with two beautiful special needs girls, who has fought cancer three times and in total have dealt with six medical traumas. Medical Negligence | Lymphoma 01 | Lymphoma 02 | MDS (RCMD) | Bone Marrow Transplant & GVHD Rejection Disease (Mouth, Throat, Skin & currently: Eyes, Lungs).

During my search for an answers to my initial symptoms, I experienced a delayed diagnosis - Nov/05 to Sep/06. I visited 7 doctors - 21 doctors visits, but was basically told I was a hypochondriac.

Close to death, I discovered in desperation via the RBWH ER that I had extensive and profuse Stage 4 Follicular B-Cell Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, eating into nerves | bone & muscle. NHL is a blood cancer that (in me) was caused by two random & common viruses - Glandular Fever and Epstein-Barr Virus. As a result of the extensive disease - I was loosing my R leg mobility - my R leg is still weakened and I have Atrophy of the R leg muscles, due to tumour scarring. Because of this, I wear a full leg brace.

I absolutely believe that had I been diagnosed sooner, I would have avoided almost all of my pain and suffering, by wrestling with cancer three times. One of my former doctors was found guilty of medical negligence by my state medical board. I truly want to change our medical system, so that more cancer patients are diagnosed sooner - too many die as a result of a 'delayed diagnosis' - amazingly, I skipped that boat several times, but only just.

Since that first encounter with blood cancer in 2006, I relapsed again in 2008 and had to then leave work. In another blow, I then developed another new cancer, caused by the toxicities needed as chemotherapy for Lymphoma 1 & 2. The new cancer was Myleodysplasia or Pre-Leukaemia and I needed a transplant to then save my life.

In 2014, I had an Allogeneic Bone Marrow Transplant to save my life. I am now in recovery mode and writing my autobiography. All up, I have endured 94 doses of chemo & radiation and now take 48 pills a day, with monthly plasma infusions. It is a miracle I'm still alive.

I enjoy writing for publications, magazines and blogging. I also have several years experience as a radio announcer, with TV/Media experience. My story has been seen and heard all over the world. Royalty and world leaders have listened to and read about my journey through trials and suffering - my journey is still continuing and it inspires thousands of people.

If you would like to connect - please feel free to contact me on my email:
Jodie@jodiesjourney.com
Or via my contact form on my website:
www.jodiesjourney.com

Warmest regards,

Jodie Guerrero

Consumer Health Advocate.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Margaret_CCNSW
Contributor

Re: Hello from Jodie!!

Hi Jodie,

Welcome back to the Online Community! 

Thank you for sharing your journey and it will be great to have you back as part of this supportive community.

Kind regards,

Margaret

Online Community admin team

Jodiesjourneyco
New Contributor

Re: Hello from Jodie!!

Thanks Margaret-

Very kind of you to connect.  I am always happy to connect with cancer patients.

Warmest regards,

Jodie Guerrero 

www.jodiesjourney.com

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.