Introducing Scott Jones

relaxenjoy63
New Contributor

Introducing Scott Jones

Hi all I am a 47 year old cancer survivor. I was diagnosed with a grade 2 malignant Brain Tumour in 2006. Its an oligo astrocytoma located in both the left and right thalmus of my brain . They are seperate so I call them heckle and jekyl. I had a brain biopsy in May 2006 that conformed a few things, 1. I had malignant brain tumours, 2. That they were not safe to remove by surgery. I then took a few months researching and mulling over what to do. During that time my partner Robyn and I set up house together in Melbourne and also attended the Gawler Foundations 10 day residential retreat on " Living with Cancer" . This helped me decide on what to do next. Fortunately I met a young GP at Gawler who had the same BT as me and had just had radition treatment and was doing well. After having another MRI I was told I needed to do something as there was slight growth. I elected radiation treatment with chemotherapy and am doing well with no new tumour activity since June 2006. I work full time for an Australian Mining Company - Newcrest Mining and am enjoying life.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
purpleangels
Contributor

Re: Introducing Scott Jones

G'day! Welcome! Wow! How did you find Gawler? Was it good? Obviously a pretty good experience meeting someone else with a similar diagnosis..... May your good reports continue.... PA
0 Kudos
relaxenjoy63
New Contributor

My partner Robyn found out about it from a friend of hers. Its an excellent program if you are stressed or uncertain about your future. I was pretty active researching on the internet so was confronted with many views and or options.
0 Kudos
Mignon
Contributor

Welcome Scott, This is a great group of like -minded folk. They actually "get" where you are and how you are traveling. this site has helped me a lot. good luck. mignon
0 Kudos
SILLY
Super Contributor

I am glad you are doing ok .Fancy doing so well with 2 brain tumours !
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.