Look Good Feel Better Workshop

Barbe
Occasional Contributor

Look Good Feel Better Workshop

Hi Everyone, this is a post for the ladies, (no offense fellas!) Just wanted to share with you, that I have just done a Look Good Feel Better Workshop in my local hospital. This is a workshop run by volunteers, sponsored by the Cosmetic Industry in Australia for women affected by cancer treatment and it was sooo much fun! Lots of laughs and giggles, playing around with hats, wigs and headwear, and trying out make up and skincare, and we got to take home a nice package of skincare/make up! After the initial shyness, everyone was giggling and relaxing by the end of the workshop. Let's face it, we do have a lot in common and lots to talk about! If you have a chance, participate in these workshops, we all deserve a bit of fun. http://www.lgfb.org.au/ luv Barbe xox  
0 Kudos
24 REPLIES 24
Barbe
Occasional Contributor

Re: Look Good Feel Better Workshop

It is over a year ago since i posted the previous comment. I loved the workshop so much that i am now a volunteer! So nice to see women leave with huge grins on their faces! By the way, LGFB Foundation does workshop for men as well and kids workshops. Ask your nurses, they know all about the foundation.or see www.lgfb.org.au for a timetable for your nearest workshop. Luv, Barbe xox
0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

Hiya Barb I have just booked in for one of the workshops ... will let you know what it is like! Julie
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Barbe, I went to LGFB Workshop at Jacaranda Cottage just after I lost my hair. It was the first time I took off my wig in public, my choice, felt quite empowering to be able to do that and feel comfortable. The ladies running the course were lovely, I did use some of the make-up I was given. I learnt how to give myself eyebrows, simply thing but made a heck of difference to me :) It was fun to try on other wigs, I was a brunette, a blonde, pink and a redhead. It was a lighthearted day, much needed at that particular time. Good on you for volunteering. Reindeer xxoo
0 Kudos
Barbe
Occasional Contributor

Hope you have lots of fun Jules!
0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

Hiya Barbe ... Had an absolutely fantastic time and wished i had known about the workshop when i first lost my hair as they had some fantastic ideas and hints for when hair loss occurs. 🙂 The bag of goodies was unbelievable also, i expected to get samples and yet we were given full size bottles and jars of everything. Simply amazing! Julie
0 Kudos
Barbe
Occasional Contributor

Hey Jules! Glad you had such a good time! The goody bag is definitely amazing, im still using some of my stuff now, a year and a half after receiving it. I am looking forward to conducting my 3rd workshop next monday. This will make me from "trainee volunteer", to a fully fledged LGFB volunteer, with a badge to prove it! It is a fantastic and generous initiative by the cosmetic industry of australia and its volunteers. Take care, Luv, Barbe xox
0 Kudos
applepie
Occasional Contributor

This is the most amazing service. Thanks Barbe for being a volunteer! I always recommend LGFB to everyone going through chemo. Its a shame some ppl don't know about it or others just dismiss it as they don't know how wonderful it is! I'll keep spreading the word. AP
0 Kudos
vinouche
Contributor

A friend of mine told me about it and made me book in so i am looking forward to it on the 12th April, although I haven't lost my hair yet, might not lose it at all, but I am starting to have some skin problems which I hope they can help me with.
0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

Hey vinouche ... is well worth going to. I had skin problems when i went and wasnt able to fully participate but it was still informative and fun. Hope you enjoy. Julie
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.