Poll: who likes hearing 'stay positive'?

Braveb
Occasional Contributor

Poll: who likes hearing 'stay positive'?

I know why people say it, and I know why I get annoyed by it. But maybe the phrases 'stay positive' and 'I hope you're staying positive' are good for us to hear even though we don't like hearing them...

Thoughts?

5 REPLIES 5
Net2
Regular Visitor

Re: Poll: who likes hearing 'stay positive'?

It can be hard to stay positive but I do like hearing it and it helps me to hear people say your a strong person. Keep that positive energy flowing. I find the beach a great place to feel refreshed.
MyheroCoolSpy
Frequent Contributor

True! Hearing positive things makes us a bit happy within..Being happy help us to see life at a different perspective and help us survive...We can't really get away with difficulty and pain, but at least being positive make us fulfilled somehow...

Steven
Occasional Contributor

I agree entirely Braveb.

We all need to be reminded how beneficial staying positive is for us, in continuing our treatment and recovery from Cancer.

Positive thoughts and deeds are empowering not just for us but for our support teams, our loved ones.

While it is our journey they are there with us and by staying positive we can draw strength from each other to lessen the load.

0 Kudos
Jackmcd

If someone ask how I'm going they usually don't really want anything else than "good" as a reply. I often reply " really great how about you". This usually starts the rest of our interaction on a positive note. I didn't tell them to be positive but it often results them being positive.

0 Kudos
SarcomaSlayer
Occasional Contributor

i resent it when people say it to me sometimes. at other times i appreciate it. in the end i realize they really dont know what to say in times like this and they just want me to be happy and try to look forward; and i am grateful to have their love. 

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.