Support for Men under 50 - Bowel Cancer

PTDT
New Contributor

Support for Men under 50 - Bowel Cancer

Hi there, Does anyone know of a support group in Melbourne for bowel cancer/lower GI cancer for men under 50? I have not been able to connect with a group (and now looking to start one) I've come out the other side of surgeries and chemo therapies. 2015 is going to be a great year Cheers PTDT Darren
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
little_stitcher
Super Contributor

Re: Support for Men under 50 - Bowel Cancer

Hi Darren, there is not much support for people under 60 with cancer, we have found. The Warwick Cancer Foundation (twcf.org.au) was set up to support people aged 25-40 who have had a cancer diagnosis. I think their age range is fairly flexible though, my husband joined when he was a few months off 40 (I think they say '40+' now). They have a peer support program, social events and generally try to support people in this often forgotten demographic. They are nation wide but based in Melbourne. Check them out, they're a great resource. I love your attitude, by the way! Emily
0 Kudos
PTDT
New Contributor

That's for the link - had a peek and all I can see is 40 or younger. You're right - this demographic is often forgotten (well it's mostly forgotten for other groups too) Maybe I'll give 'em a call next week for more info Cheers
0 Kudos
little_stitcher
Super Contributor

Do give them a call- Chris is 44 in a month and still an active member.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.