WEBINAR: 17 June - Exercise in Survivorship: What role does exercise play in my cancer recovery?

laura-nswcc
Contributor

WEBINAR: 17 June - Exercise in Survivorship: What role does exercise play in my cancer recovery?

Exercise in Survivorship: What role does exercise play in my cancer recovery?

There are many benefits to exercising during and after cancer treatment.  Moderate exercise has been found to not only improve the effect of chemotherapy but also enhances wellness after cancer treatment and may reduce the chance of cancer returning.

Often, cancer survivors experience a range of challenges after cancer treatment, and whilst incorporating exercise into their daily lives may not be a priority for many people, it can restore their physical and emotional wellbeing.

In this webinar, we will explore the role exercise plays in cancer recovery and welcoming panellists Dr Di Adams (Medical Oncologist), Jennifer Chan (Exercise Physiologist), and Veronica Leonardo (cancer survivor) to share their expert opinion and real-life experiences with us.

Date: Thursday, June 17 2021
Time: 7 pm to 8 pm AEDT
Duration: 60 Minutes
Where: Online – join via your computer, tablet or smartphone
Presenters: Dr Diana Adams, Veronica Leonardo and Jennifer Chan.

Register here: https://www.cancercouncil.com.au/get-support/webinars/ 

1 REPLY 1
maxmarrie
New Contributor

Re: WEBINAR: 17 June - Exercise in Survivorship: What role does exercise play in my cancer recovery?

Exercise is the most important thing in human life. Exercise also boosts your mental acuity and memory. Defend against a variety of chronic illnesses.  improve heart health and blood pressure levels. I only follow the In home care for getting tips related to exercise. This website completely describes workout time and dieting. I think if you visit this website you can get more information about your recovery from cancer.

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.