Anal cancer

believe63
New Contributor

Anal cancer

Am I the only person suffering this disease ?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Jane_R
New Contributor

Re: Anal cancer

I am suffering from rectal cancer, same area and I am guessing you have had surgery and now have a permanent stoma, no need to suffer in silence. We would have had similar surgical procedure.
0 Kudos
believe63
New Contributor

hello Jane , I was lucky to avoid surgery ,my treatment was six weeks radiation along with chemo , the radiation was the worst , with burns to my lower parts , I was told however if this did not work then surgery will be my only option, at the moment I am all clear , though I did have a biopsy last week ( as a precaution ) I hope your cancer is all clear now , I cant imagine what it is like to have a stoma , how are you coping with it ? Im not sure about you but I do feel like this is a cancer that you just talk about , I've told all my friends I had bowel cancer....... a bit of a cop out but they dont need to know everything, but then it leaves no one to talk about it to , thank you for your response to my post , as i said I hope you are well thank you Julie
0 Kudos
Jane_R
New Contributor

You are right some things best left out, very glad that you did not need surgery. With regard to the stoma it's something you have to live with not much you can do about it. It is amazing how one copes when faced with these things. I am not sure about being clear of cancer as I have not had follow up scans yet, will get them done in mid November so will know then. All the very best Julie
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.