Another update

mihalo
Contributor

Another update

Hi everyone, Just a quick update. Some of you know I had a tumor become "re-active" in my left lung in Nov 08. I had 4 weeks of chemo and radiation and just got results of my follow up CT scan. There is still a little "Something" on the lung but it could be scar tissue...a PET in April will give more of an idea. But the best news is, STILL NO NEW METASTACIES ANYWHERE ELSE! So I'm now 18 months post my stage 4 "terminal" diagnosis and given just 6 months! If the scan in April shows nothing in the lung but scar tissue, I'll be back to NED again.....not that I'm getting too excited just yet!....but secretly hoping! Hope everyone else onthe forum is well. Love and hugs Mihalo xx
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Molly
Occasional Contributor

Another update

Hi Michele, Great to hear your good news. It is truly wonderful to know that there are NED. Stay positive. Take care Molly
0 Kudos
bev
Frequent Contributor

Another update

That's the girl, keep up that positive outlook.
0 Kudos
mihalo
Contributor

Another update

Hi everyone, thank you for your messages. I saw my Onc today and he said..."how long has it been now since diagnosis?" 18 months....he says "you must be breaking records being in such good health at this point" (with a big grin!) Unfortunately I am not compatable to have the Erbitux/Cetaxumab (sorry spelling???) (I think this is the FOLFIRI combination drug with the 5fu???? not sure...someone correct me if I'm wrong!) so my next options are a bit more limited by this...I was crushed when he told me that. But he has a couple of trials up his sleeve in Melb if the need arises. Bev, NED stands for No Evidence of Disease. I had a PETscan last year that showed no "active" cancer and we all celebrated that I was NED!!! A little friend of my 7 yr old even made me a Ned Kelly helmet! So cute! Well I've had a big day driving to Melb and back to see the onc on my own....was great...I went shopping at the clothing outlets in Collingwood!!! Naughty....didn't get anything for me though! So I'm off to bed. Hugs to you all and a special thought to those having treatment at the moment. Love Michele xx
0 Kudos
bev
Frequent Contributor

Another update

Hello friends Michele and Molly, Pardon my ignorance, but what is NED? It sounds like good news. Michele, how did you go with the fires?, reading through your message on here, you would have just finished your treatments when those fires came. Hope the weather is on the improve just like you. Bev
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.