Chronic skin cancer (BCC's)

Not applicable

Chronic skin cancer (BCC's)

Hi all. I'm a 29 year old female suffering from chronic skin cancer. I've had over 70 Basal Cell Carcinomas treated so far but I don't have Gorlins Syndrome (I've been tested). The doctors don't actually know what's wrong with me. I'm currently getting some BCC's treated with Aldara which causes my skin to blister and ooze. My first BCC was found when I was 19, so I have been dealing with this for 10 years. I am a very positive person and pride myself on this fact, and as such no one really knows what I go through as I don't tell them. Luckily for me I have a very supportive partner who I do allow myself to get upset around, he is very good about everything. The thing that's the hardest to deal with is the knowledge that I'll never get better, they just keep appearing. I am so scared I am going to pass whatever I have onto my children but I have no way of knowing. Is there anyone else out there going through something similar to me?
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
C8
Not applicable

Re: Chronic skin cancer (BCC's)

Hi, I am a 24 year old female and I am also facing recurrent BCC. I have a very supporting partner with whom I share everything and although I don't have children yet I feel as though I can relate to your situation. I too try to be positive but it is not always easy which makes me feel very guilty and vain. I would like to learn more of your experiences as I have not met anyone else in this situation.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.