Finding the NEW ME

Bec36
Occasional Visitor

Finding the NEW ME

I'm new to this ......After being diagnosed with Acute Leukaemia early last yr it turned our lives around got 3 young kids a hubby and live in Perth. Always back of my mind at dr app will there be bad new etc I'm over feeling like this I want me life back I had before and I know it won't happen so my question is How do I move on?? Please help.

Thanks Bec

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Re: Finding the NEW ME

Hi @Bec36!

I believe Gab sent you a private message last week with regards to some of our services, the Connect program would be something really great for you to consider. It really does help to go over some of this with someone who has been in the same or similar situation.

Does anyone have any tips to help Bec?

0 Kudos
Ridgy
Occasional Contributor

Re: Finding the NEW ME

Dear Bec36, unfortunately we never truly move on from a diagnosis of cancer. Our lives have changed forever. We go through shock, horror, grieving, anger, despair and round and round and round those feelings seem to go. There is no shame in asking for the support of a mental health professional to help you cope with the psychological impact of cancer. In fact, I've come to realise it will be a good move. I've never asked for help in my life but I think this is one time I need support from someone trained to help me deal with my feelings. I hope you choose that path. Having done the ENRICH program it seems to me that counselling is the way to go as we can't do this alone. Our family don't really "get it" so we need to talk to someone else who understands us. Keep the faith, you're not alone. Ridgy
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.