G B M GRADE 4

grace
Not applicable

G B M GRADE 4

Hello All,             My name is Grace and I have been diagnosed with a GBM Grade 4. I am currently on Keppra to stop the seizures.  I go to Sydney this coming Friday to see Dr. Charles Teo for a second opinion.I have just finished my Radiation Treatment, I was on 1 mg of Dexamethasone to stop my brain swelling, it was not enoughtowards the end of my 6 weeks I started to have seizures.I was put back onto 4 mg. I have had an operation on my frontal lobe, left hand side.I have been searching the net for information, I have been to an information day with Charles Teo, all I have learned so far is thatthis is a very bad type of cancer and the normal time that onesurvives is between 12 & 15 months.My surgeon, Dr. Day, removed all he could see of the tumourand left the rest, all the other cells to be mopped up with Chemoand Radiation Treatment.I can only hope and pray that has worked.Any advice would be good.Regards Grace
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
admin_one
Contributor

G B M GRADE 4

Hi Grace,There is also a Brain tumour mail list that has been running for a few years and I feel it is a good resource. You can join that group by going to Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/OzBrainTumour/It is a private group but you can just mention that Raul from cancer Council told you of the group and just mention again what you mentioned here.Cancer Council NSW also has a telephone support group for brain tumour. For more info you can call this number: 02 93341728 There are also a couple of support groups. There is one in teh Illawarra Area offered by the Illawarra Cancer Care Centre. You can call that one on 02 42225086Let me know if you need any additonal info on any of these services. Best wishes for your trip to Sydney.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.