HNPCC gene

Lynette
Not applicable

HNPCC gene

Hi Everyone, I'm new to this forum and hoping someone can give me some advise. I have the HNPCC gene and had colorectal cancer in 2007 at the age of 50. I have resection and assumed that was it for me. In 2008, I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis and inject daily with an immunomodulating medication. Now I have a malignant tumour in the caecum and have been advised to have the remainder of my colon removed. Has anyone had all of their large colon removed and what affect will it have on my lifestyle. I work full time in my own business, play squash and swim. Would love some advise an support.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Gloria_J.
Not applicable

Re: HNPCC gene

Lynette. I am very new to this forum I also have MS diagnosed in 2006 and inject every day I have had my large colon removed 8 weeks ago on the advice of my doctor after a tumour was found through colonoscopy and because i have HNPCC gene I have recovered very well my lifestyle has changed and have to plan things and outings around toilet stops. All the best...
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.