Hello

Moshe
Not applicable

Hello

Hi to all. My name is Moshe, I am 52 and I have 2 tumors on my spine and 2 small lesions on my lungs. I joined this site in the hope that I might learn something from others on a similar journey. An added bonus would be to make some new friends and encourage and support each other. I personally am going through hard times, not just the cancer, but I am very lonely with very few fiends and little family contact. On top of this I wrote our car off recently driving whilst on pain meds - no insurance and I was charged and fined as well.Now my poor wife is trying to look after me with no money, no car and all her family back home in the U.S.A. I go thru bouts of depression and feel so isolated from the human world. Most friends we had have dropped us because we dared to have a different religious view to them. Heartless to say the least. So I have decided I need to do what I can to help someone else. When I am well enough I will donate some time to bless others and inpact their lives somehow. Anyway, I hope you all have a great weekend.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
vinouche
Contributor

Re: Hello

Hi there, I know where you are coming from about loneliness, although I am better off than you as I do have a few good friends. We only moved back to oz 3 years ago and most of my friends are in NZ ( no I am not a New Zealander but lived there a long time). This is a good site for you to make contacts, if only online, it does help with the loneliness when noone else is available. I think depression is part of the illness and dare say it is "normal". I stayed home all last week because I did not trust myself to drive and it drove me crazy so I feel for you. I hope your treatment will bring you some relief. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want. All the best S
0 Kudos
deejjay
Contributor

Re: Hello

Hi Moshe That is rough that you have few friends and family at a time when you need that support. Do you have treatment with others? Sit in a waiting room to see oncologists etc where there's others? Maybe you'll meet a couple of friends that way. Are there cancer support groups near where you live as that's another option. What about through your religion? Anyhow I'm sure you'll meet some people on these boards as well. Take care Deejjay
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.